Do you have an understanding in Food analysis and chemistry, with an interest in cheese and whey processing? If so, our client are now recruiting for a Laboratory Analyst and are looking for individuals just like you!
Our client are a leading British dairy products company and they’re on a mission to create exceptional food, loved by every generation. They own and manage some of the UK's most popular and well known, dairy products and brands.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic individual, to join the team as their Laboratory Analyst with day and night shift patterns.
What can the business do for you?
- Highly competitive salary
- Workplace pension
- Being a part of a culture that recognises and rewards successes
- Free, onsite parking
- Discounted branded products
- Subsidised staff restaurant
Laboratory Analyst Responsibilities:
In this role, you will provide an analytical technical support service to the site operation. Role holders will be working without direct supervision following standard procedures and guidelines actively monitoring quality and being involved in the appropriate form of identified corrective action or continuous improvement to improve standards. You will also be responsible for:
- Carrying out the day to day activities of the analytical laboratory at Davidstow creamery, ensuring that all analysis is carried out to the ISO17025 / CLAS standards.
- Ensuring test results the accuracy of analytical techniques is critical to ensure reliability of results to avoid delays, customer dissatisfaction and additional cost.
- Participating successfully in proficiency schemes and implement corrective actions.
- Communicating any issues to all relevant personnel and take part in investigative activities.
- Communication skills gain support from stakeholders within the site team.
- Planning of activities, short interval control and medium-term planning.
- Understand, promote and observe current health and safety rules and regulations.
- Identify the appropriate method and test raw materials through to finished product highlighting any discrepancies against standard specifications. Take appropriate action, halting production/ delivery if required.
- Ensure all required sampling and analysis is carried out against defined schedules using approved methods
- Prepare, correlate and analyse the test results in compliance with the requirements of CLAS.
- Liaise with relevant Departments to investigate non-conformance and recommend/agree appropriate action. Takes full responsibility for action on non-conforming product in line with Company procedures, including updating appropriate systems eg, NCR’s
- Calibrate and maintain equipment, materials and work area ensuring they are kept in line with DC Laboratory standards and relevant H&S specifications
- Advise Manufacturing, Team leaders, Technical management and Suppliers to ensure they are aware of any situations or potential product improvement.
- Assisting with training and coaching less experienced staff.
- Monitor stocks of consumables, chemicals and reagents notifying Laboratory Management when necessary to ensure adequate stocks are maintained.
- Facilitate and participate in QMS/ QCDS and QWS proficiency schemes.
The ideal Laboratory Analyst:
To be eligible as the Laboratory Analyst, you will Ideally have a degree in microbiology, chemistry, or related food science discipline with significant laboratory experience. You will also possess:
- An understanding of food chemistry and microbiological principles, analytical chemistry and microbiology experience knowledge of chemical/microbiological testing procedures and protocols
- Formal HACCP and Food Hygiene training
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work without direct supervision
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Laboratory Analyst, then our client want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Cheese Whey Science Testing Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'