At Envigo, we are working together to build a healthier and safer world, we exist to help our customers secure the potential of their research and develop products that enhance and enrich life.
It’s an exciting time to join our team in Metablism at our site in Huntingdon. We are looking for a Laboratory Aide to join our successful and growing team.
This role will be responsible for ensuring a continuous supply of clean glassware in the laboratories, and assisting with laboratory housekeeping, sample storage and disposal.
As a Laboratory Aide at Envigo your main responsibilities will be:
· Checking laboratories and collecting used glassware, removing labels, loading and running the glass washing machines; hand-washing items unsuitable for the machines, and where required responding to any urgent requests for laboratory glassware. Returning clean, dry glassware to storage in the laboratories.
· Assisting with general laboratory housekeeping and tidying such as radioactivity monitoring, emptying bins, changing benchkote, cleaning surfaces and defrosting freezers.
· Maintaining laboratory consumables stock levels: Collecting items from Stores and distributing them to the correct laboratories.
· Performing administrative tasks and assisting in maintaining administrative spread sheets
The skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- Interested in a Scientific career
- Attention to detail
- Full training will be given along with a personal comprehensive development plan leading to recognised qualifications
If you are professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated, then we want you to join us and help us achieve our mission - to be the best company to work with and the best company to work for.
+ Generous holiday allowance
+ Excellent training & development opportunities
+ Pension contributions
+ Life Assurance
+ A range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job