An exciting opportunity to work as a Lab Aide for Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute!
This role will require an individual to be part of a team providing high quality support services to the laboratory areas across both the Alderley Park and Manchester Cancer Research Centre (MCRC) sites.
The post requires the safe handling of industrial equipment and the transportation of heavy loads; potential candidates need to be able to meet the physical challenges of the role.
***Free buses are provided from Manchester, Didsbury and East Didsbury train station, and also from Alderly Park train station for all staff.
Key duties include:
- Assist in the delivery of clean plastics to the lab groups.
- Assist in maintaining clean lab coats to the lab groups.
- If required, assist in the bulk production and sterilization of a range of media and agar plates for use throughout the institute ensuring a smooth and efficient service.
- To process glassware and plastics through systems involving the use of industrial washing machines.
- Each day to assist, if required, in the collection of dirty glassware from laboratories and return to Lab Services.
- To operate and observe primary maintenance of equipment within the service area e.g. autoclaves, drying ovens and industrial washing machines.
- Provision of glassware and plastics as requested from laboratories, and maintain stock records. Provision of sterile water and solutions as requested.
- Ensure that laboratory areas are stocked on a daily basis with glassware, tips etc.
- Point of contact for lab staff.
Candidates would require:
- Experience of working as part of a team in a similar role involving significant manual handling
- Good accuracy and detail handling skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills with all grades of staff
- Flexible approach to work
- Stock control
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Understanding of importance of Health and Safety, and accuracy to detail when doing lab work
- Willingness to travel
- Well motivated
- An effective team worker
- Ability to undertake the manual handling duties associated with the post
- Motivated and able to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to identify problems and report them to supervisor or other members of staff
Ideally a candidate would also have:
- A driving license
- GCSE in a science subject
This is a full time permanent position. Salary dependent on experience.
To apply, please submit your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'