Do you want to help make a difference in the fight against covid 19?
The UK’s testing capacity is growing, why not put your previous experience to valuable use and support the Covid recovery efforts, in one of the Diagnostic Lighthouse Labs as part of the NHS test and trace programme.
This opportunity for Lab Technicians requires individuals to support the smooth running of the laboratory. Your key responsibilities will include:
- supporting lab team with the receipt and preparation of samples
- maintaining outstanding work lists
- data entry
- general housekeeping duties
As part of the clinical support team the purpose of this role will be to provide timely and accurate high quality scientific information that will assist service users from the hospital and community, in the establishment of a clinical diagnosis.
The poster holder will use practical skills to carry out tasks associated with the pre-analytical preparation of specimens within the COVID Hub Laboratory. Full training and supervision will be provided.
- Strong attention to detail and able and willing to perform routine, manual tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and computer literate
- Able to pick skills up quickly and apply in a laboratory-based environment
- Minimum of at least one A-level or equivalent in any science
- Good standard of education, including GCSE Maths or English (or equivalent)
- Degree in biomedical science or a strong interest in biomedical sciences.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting (academic, clinical or industrial)
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, evening and weekend shifts. We are offering an hourly rate of £12.82 per hour on a day shift and £15.64 per hour on a night shift.
If you meet the essential requirements and can demonstrate the skills required - please apply today and the recruitment team will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your application.
- Health Care
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'