Linx Printing Technologies have an exciting opportunity for a Lab Technicianto join their growing team based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Job Title: Lab Technician
Location: St Ives
Job Type: 6 Month Contract
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Linx is an internationally-renowned supplier of a range of coding and marking solutions including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Marking, Case Coding and Thermal Transfer printers. Since 1987, our industry-leading technologies have helped organisations across the world increase their productivity while significantly reducing total cost of ownership.
Lab Technician – The Job:
In this role you will be developing new components, sub-systems and products for industrial printing applications. Starting from the concept stage, the successful candidate will work in a team to develop working lab demonstrators, working prototypes and ultimately bringing the finalized design through a comprehensive validation test plan. We are seeking a candidate who will be comfortable with methodical hands-on laboratory work, as well as experience making components and assemblies using prototyping techniques (mill, lathe, 3D printer…)
Lab Technician - Key Responsibilities:
- Investigate, develop and test new ideas to working prototype product stage.
- Set up and performance of laboratory tests/experiments and reporting of conclusions and recommendations; this work forms the majority of the role.
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Maintaining accurate, well organized logs during experiments and testing to be included in final test reports
- Attaining results by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team.
Lab Technician – You:
- Experience of working in a laboratory and designing experiments.
- Analytical, evidence driven approach
- Ability to apply engineering principles to get practical results.
- Laboratory experience gained in a high tech industrial R&D environment is desirable.
- Experience of data acquisition and the reporting of results and conclusions
- Familiarity with the following would be advantageous: Basic scripting languages such as lua, Machining of polymers and metals and 3D printing.
Lab Technician - Competencies:
- Attitude, enthusiasm and energy to drive results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and as part of a team
- Proven problem solving ability
- Effective at multi-tasking and working to tight deadline
Lab Technician - Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience of working in an R&D / product development environment
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
To submit your CV for this exciting Lab Technician opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!