Role and Responsibilities
To carry out chemical raw material, in-process and final product testing of cleaning products to ensure the ongoing quality of the product and to work with production on the validation of new products and processes.
The successful Quality Control Technician will carry out chemical and physical testing of the in-process of liquid blends to ensure that the quality of the products is maintained.
To assist the Technical Manger with product development, to prepare and test laboratory samples.
To work with as part of the Quality Audit Team to maintain the companies Quality Management System.
Alongside this you will;
* Carry out the chemical and physical testing of finished products to ensure that the quality of products is maintained.
* To conduct in-process production inspection tasks.
* To conduct material inspection as required ensuring the timely approval of products.
* Prepare product samples in the Laboratory accurately and maintain accurate records.
* To complete and maintain the appropriate documentation relating to the testing activities, in accordance with the necessary Regulations.
* Prepare and maintain product safety data sheets.
* To carry out Validation of new equipment or test methods as assigned by the Technical Manger.
* To follow and promote Company, H S & E and Quality standards to enable the site to achieve excellent results.
* To be a key member of the Quality Audit Team.
* Take telephone and other enquiries and after training provide answers to technical enquiries.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Relevant experience in a laboratory, preferably in a manufacturing industry.
* Basic knowledge of analytical chemistry.
* Well developed organisational skills with an ability to work independently when required.
* Attention to detail and excellent time management.
* The ability to work to a deadline, to cope under pressure and react to changing requirements.
* Proven experience with Quality and Safety Systems within a factory environment.
* Knowledge of and preferably a basic qualification in Occupational Health & Safety.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
A working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health would be desired but not essential.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job