My client is leading multi-national laboratory testing organisation operating across a range of scientific sectors. They have experience of operating in the testing arena and pride themselves in delivering a high quality of service to their customers.
We are working in partnership to recruit a Laboratory Technician for the Microbiology Department. This is a temporary position to support a peak in work volumes.
Key purpose of position:
* To assist in various duties within the microbiology laboratory
* To process samples in an efficient manner following appropriate methods
* To provide excellent customer service through accurate completion of work and on time
Main duties will include but are not restricted to:
* Labelling samples and assisting sample receipt where needed
* Production of media
* Plate pouring with selective agars
* Completion of daily checks
* Collecting samples from storage locations in preparation for analysis
* Sample preparation (including accurate weighing and homogenising with selective broths)
* Sample preparation and analysis for both microbiology and chemistry
* Maintaining cleanliness within the laboratory
* Demonstrate high levels of accuracy when doing routine work
* Hands on experience in a lab based environment would be desirable
* Hold GCSE's in Maths, English and Science at grade C or above
* Positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team
Key Words: Lab Technician, Microbiology, Aseptic Techniques, Swabbing, Media Preparation, Agar, Sample Preparation, E.coli, Bioburden, UKAS, Autoclave.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- Sample Preparation
- Media Preparation
- Aseptic Techniques
- Lab Technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job