Lab Support Technician
£22,000 per year plus bonus and benefits
My client is a successful global company that provides a variety of on-site Laboratory Services to major pharmaceutical companies. Due to growth they now have an exciting opportunity at a respected pharmaceutical customer south of Cambridge for a lab support technician. This job is ideal for a good communicator with some existing lab support, steward or assistant type experience wanting to join the pharmaceutical industry in a broad support role.
This company offers a wonderful opportunity to join a positive working environment. They seek communicative, enthusiastic and capable scientists and technicians for their roles and reward their employees with a handsome salary and benefits and a varied and valuable working experience.
About the Job
Using your good communication and time management skills you will support research scientists in the glasswash facility with ancillary tasks while they carry out their role.
- Collection & return of glassware from all labs
- Operation of glass wash machines
- Updating service dashboard with metrics
- pH water testing
- Autoclaving porous goods and waste
- Performing Biological indicator test on autoclave
- Maintaining media stores
- Organise/send off pipettes for calibration
- Pull together monthly glass wash slides
- Learning to cover other Lab Techs
This role would suit someone with science A-Levels looking for a job in science, or someone with lab experience happy with a routine role.
To succeed in this job, you should demonstrate the following qualities/attributes:
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work flexibly with minimal direct supervision
- Proven ability to take on new activities in an efficient manner
- A strong team player
- Good planning and organisational skills
To find out more about this and other similar roles, please contact Sophia at Consult Search and Selection.
- Lab technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'