Lab Analyst - PCR - Fighting COVID-19
Location: Newport OR Loughborough
My client are on the frontline of fighting Covid 19. Their complete workflows with standardized equipment and kits are available to help labs address their SARS-CoV-2 testing challenges. Seeking staff for 12-month fixed term contracts at a new greenfield laboratory based in Newport OR Loughborough.
Analyses RT PCR data generated by the clinical laboratory team to provide results of Covid 19 diagnosis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews test results, maintains legible work records, and enters findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Participates, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a physical science such as chemistry, biology, molecular biology or medical technology.
- Certified molecular biologist an advantage but not required
- 3+ years clinical testing experience
- Experience of high throughput environment
- Previous experience of reviewing real time PCR data an advantage.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory. Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Molecular Biology
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'