Overall Purpose of Job
To provide learning and development solutions and activities that support the achievement of the organisations goals. This role is also responsible for supporting the business in implementing the Group Training & Competence Policy.
Key Accountabilities (no more than ten)
- Evaluating the Learning & Development needs for employees and providing solutions that meet those needs. In consultation with the business, design and execute solutions, making use of internal and external resources to address learning and development needs at all levels.
- Manage the company induction programme, and work in partnership with the business to ensure new recruits receive the necessary training and support.
- Responsible for supporting the implementation of Group Training and Competence Policy ensuring adherence to FCA requirements.
- Provide direction, guidance and support to SME’s in developing employee development frameworks, (i.e. Underwriting, regulatory training, sales training etc) ensuring design and delivery standards are of the required standard.
- Support the development of the management population, through the design and delivery of management development programmes, and coaching to develop people management skills. Provide managers with guidance on dealing with employee performance issues, setting objectives and developing individual training plans.
- Manage the measurement of learning to demonstrate training and development effectiveness and evaluate training and development solutions provided to ensure their effectiveness is demonstrable.
- Manage the administration of the company’s learning management system and handle any queries that arise from the same.
- Provision of coaching as part of personal development for relevant staff, both personally and through external coaches.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Experience working as a Learning and Development professional, including a track record of great training design & delivery.
- Presentation skills; excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, confident delivery, motivational, high levels of energy, creative and credible.
- Experience of delivering management workshops plus conducting one to one coaching, team workshops and facilitating meetings/workshops.
- Experience of working in financial services and knowledge of the FCA Training and Competence requirements would be an advantage.
- L&D related qualification is highly desirable.
- Coaching qualification/or interest in working towards one.
- Organisational Skills
- Training Programme
- Training Delivery
- Training Programme Design