Our client is one of the worlds leading commodity trading companies who specialize in oil and gas.
You will use your KYC/Shipping experience to conduct appropriate due dilligence on Freight/Shipping counterparties as well as support the account opening team and junior analysts.
This position is an initial three month contract assignment, which has a possibility to turn into a permanent role.
1. Conduct appropriate due diligence on Freight/Shipping Counterparties, Associated Parties, Port Agents, Brokers, Ship to Ship (STS) providers and Vessels.
2. Able to anticipate issues and be pro-active in resolving them. Perform continuous improvement efforts aimed at increasing efficiency in the shipping due diligence process.
3. Attend meetings with members of the operations, chartering and other business teams and be able to. communicate confidently to such colleagues on all matters related to the Account Opening Team.
4. Build and maintain relationships across the business. Attend meetings with senior members of the organisation and explain position of team as well as report back to the team.
5. Assist the CDD SME/QA, in ensuring procedures remain compliant with all on-going rules and regulations impacting the team’s work.
6. Be an active member of the Account Opening Team and may take on additional tasks as directed by the Lead Account Opening Analyst.
7. Assist and support with training and coaching when required by the business or junior analysts.
1) Working knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations such as FSA regulations, Anti Money Laundering, UK Bribery Act.
2) 3-5 years of Know Your Counterparty (KYC) and Sanctions restrictions experience and how reputational issues can impact business decisions.
3) Excellent communication skills, ability to network across a wide range of stakeholder.
4) Knowledge and understanding across a wide range company types e.g. sole trader, trust, LLP.
5) Keen attention to detail, especially in documentation.
6) Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
1) A business / commercial degree or equivalent.
2) Understanding of systems/websites to conduct due diligence on entities/vessels.
3) Shipping industry experience.