Job Title: KS2 Teaching Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £55 - £75 per day (dependent upon experience)
A Primary Pupil Referral Unit in Gorton with fantastic transport links and 25 minutes from Manchester, are looking to recruit a teaching assistant to work with KS2 pupils with a range of Social, Emotional and behavioural difficulties. You will be working with and supporting primary aged pupils who cannot access mainstream education and are permanently excluded from mainstream school.
This is a challenging environment but with our support and regular access to CPD you will have everything to thrive in this environment. Our client is also offering a fantastic network of support and longer term employment opportunities.
About the Role:
* Full time, immediate start.
* £55 - £75 per day (dependent upon experience)
* Supporting pupils who can display challenging behaviours that can be expressed through verbal and sometimes physical aggression.
* 6-8 pupils in each class and 4 members of staff
* Long term contract with the potential to go permanent for the right candidate
* Experience with pupils with a range of challenging behaviour is desirable
* Primary classroom experience
* A resilient, robust and proactive attitude is essential.
* Commitment, initiative and excellent interpersonal skills is essential.
* Have a passion for working with students with special educational needs.
* Graduates welcome to apply.
* Team Teach trained is desirable.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
* A right to work in the UK (Valid visa).
* Two child based references and relevant DBS/Police checks.
If you think this may be the next step in your career, please send your CV along to Amy Collins at We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates as well as adhering to strict safeguarding procedures. Your application will be subject to two educational references and enhanced DBS check
- Special Educational Needs
- Pupil Referral Unit
- KS2 Teaching Assistant
- Mental Health Difficulties