The People Services group at KPMG are looking for a Payroll Support Analyst to be based in our office in Birmingham.
The role will involve working as a client facing analyst on a portfolio of clients to accurately and efficiently transition payroll services to KPMG. The role will involve the transition and setup of expatriate and UK domestic PAYE schemes, together with supporting on wider payroll projects and client administration.
This is an exciting new role within a fast-paced payroll team. There is a huge potential for growth in the role and to be able to shape the teams processes and procedures, and to support the continuous improvement of the client payroll service.
The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Working as part of the Payroll and wider People Services team as the first point of contact for all payroll related transitions, guidance / questions
- Administration of client setups and associated risk procedures for new clients
- Administration of new client processes including client liaison and payroll implementation
- Collation of MI and other ad-hoc requests to support payroll management team
- Ownership of Payroll Process document Library, including review cycles, change control and ad-hoc auditing
- Co-ordination of payroll upgrade plans, including communication to delivery teams
- Act as a system support SME, owning all escalated software issues
- Review and enhancement of the new client payroll processes in ensuring demand for the service is met
- Regular communication with clients (internal and external) in a professional and considered manner
- Continued professional development, and technical / system knowledge maintained
- Supporting wider People Services team with ad-hoc projects as required
Training and development
Training will be provided to the successful candidate which will be a mixture of on the job and structured learning that will be supported by ongoing assessment and coaching to ensure their development needs are identified and supported as appropriate.
Experience and qualifications
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent client service, and communication skills with strong team building characteristics.
- Experience of payroll implementation and set-up
- Experience of collating MI and KPI reports in a payroll environment
- Experience of payroll process and end to end operation
- Experience of payroll provision, and/or payroll bureau service operations
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to deal with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
- High standard of accuracy with attention to detail
- Demonstrate payroll knowledge and the ability to fully articulate statutory payroll legislation
- Demonstrate pension / auto-enrolment understanding and knowledge
- Expatriate payroll experience desirable
- STAR Payroll Professional system experience desirable
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job