The People Services group at KPMG are looking for a Payroll Assistant to be based in our office in Birmingham.
The role will involve working as a client facing analyst on a portfolio of clients to accurately and efficiently transition payroll services to KPMG. The role will involve the transition and setup of expatriate and UK domestic PAYE schemes, together with supporting on wider payroll projects and client administration.
The successful candidate be working as a client facing payroll assistant in the People Services practice in Birmingham. The role will involve working on a portfolio of clients to accurately provide delivery of payroll services that include expatriate and UK domestic PAYE schemes, together with supporting on wider payroll projects and client administration.
The role will include, but not limited to:
- Work as part of the Payroll and wider People Services team as the first point of contact for all payroll related issues, guidance & questions
- End to end preparation, calculation and delivery of payroll input and output, including RTI submissions and BACS operation as required
- Regular communication with clients (internal and external) in a professional and considered manner
- Assist Payroll team with first line payroll checks, ensuring payroll calculations are technically compliant and input accurately
- Supporting the management team on a monthly basis to ensure all client and statutory deadlines are adhered to, and all process and procedure documents are maintained
- Assisting with ad-doc queries from clients, colleagues, and HMRC
- Continued professional development, and technical knowledge maintained
- Supporting wider People Services team with ad-hoc projects as required
Experience and qualifications
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent client service, and communication skills with strong team building characteristics. The ideal candidate will be CIPP qualified, or working towards.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to deal with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
- High standard of accuracy with attention to detail
- Experience of end to end payroll preparation, calculation and delivery
- Up to date payroll knowledge and the ability to fully articulate statutory payroll legislation
- Demonstrate pension / auto-enrolment understanding and knowledge
- Experience of high volume payrolls, and/or payroll bureau service operations
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.