KPMG'sFRM Wealth and Asset Management specialists advise asset management firms, including traditional managers, hedge funds and wealth managers on a variety of issues and challenges. The core services are Assurance Reporting, Governance & Controls and Risk & Capital Management.
They are an ambitious and growing team that are now looking for a Operational Due Diligence Assistant Manager to work in our London office in Canary Wharf.
The Investment Operations Due Diligence Assistant Manager will work closely with Managers, Directors and Partners to deliver advisory engagements to KPMG’s asset management clients. Advice will focus on best practice in wealth and asset management across a range of areas including trading, oversight of trading, managing risk, and ensuring compliance with applicable regulations. These projects can take different forms depending on the client’s needs, for example:
- Operational due diligence - reviewing operational aspects of an asset manager, including hedge funds and private equity houses, on behalf of investors, platforms and/or part of transaction activity within the Asset Management sector. Areas covered include governance arrangements, trade life cycle, investment monitoring and oversight, risk and compliance arrangements, valuation arrangements, and business continuity planning / disaster recovery.
- Investment operations reviews - reviewing a firm’s investment operations processes and internal controls to assess whether they are suitably designed to address key risks, and make recommendations based on our knowledge and experience.
- Governance reviews - assisting firms with a review of their internal governance structure. These types of reviews typically form part of management reviews, internal audit reviews and occasionally regulatory investigations.
- Policies and procedures reviews - assisting firms with developing industry-leading policies (a set of guiding principles) and procedures (the activities to put a policy into action). These cover a range of areas from the front to the back office and take into consideration the firm’s strategy, culture, risk appetite and regulatory.
The role also includes opportunities to deliver client presentations, contribute to thought leadership, work on business development, assist with project management and coach members of the team. The team is based in Canary Wharf, London at KPMG’s UK headquarters, working at client’s offices in the City and West End for most projects. There is occasional overseas travel with recent projects in New York, Amsterdam and Munich.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, in particular the asset and wealth management sectors.
- Experience of conducting operational due diligence either as part of an in-house team or have had broad experience in investment operations function at an asset management firm, hedge fund or investment consultancy.
- Gained a good knowledge of key policies, processes and control environments at an asset manager. This will include but not be limited to governance arrangements, trade life cycle, risk and compliance arrangements.
- Ideally have an understanding of various asset classes, including but not limited to, equities, fixed income, real estate and private equity.
- Understand or be able to quickly gain an understanding of investment strategies and you may have an interest in emerging trends such as sustainable and responsible investing.
- Be able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment, taking on new challenges, grasping new technical concepts rapidly, whilst delivering work to a high standard of quality and demonstrating strong attention to detail.