- Assist in developing best practice guidelines and educating colleagues on best practice and the capabilities of Shoosmiths systems to maximise benefits for user communities around the network.
- Where appropriate, provide support and guidance in relation to local KM training initiatives.
- Assist in the planning phase of activities and priorities
- Collate and analyse feedback to support ongoing development of the KM Strategy.
Working with Knowledge Professionals
Work with the Knowledge Professionals to:
- create and manage knowledge base articles, tip sheets, etc. within Shoosmiths Intranet
- establish a consistent approach across Shoosmiths Intranet and support others in developing material
Work with the IS Systems Developer to improve intranet content and promote best practice.
- Support the Head of Knowledge Management in building a KM infrastructure
Skills & Experience
- You will have, or quickly develop, an excellent working knowledge of key legal KM technologies and concepts, as well as the firm's core KM products and services.
- Experience working in a law firm or professional services environment would be a distinct advantage, as would experience of Microsoft Sharepoint.
- You must be able to work with people proactively at all levels of the organisation - from Knowledge Partners through to all levels in all offices and practice areas.
- The ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems;
- Act as an escalation point for users and stakeholders of the firm's knowledge systems on product-related issues and risks, and ensure that they are resolved and mitigated.
Being within Reach and Responsive
- The ability to communicate clearly, persuasively and with sensitivity, both orally and in writing. Must have strong credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Commitment to both Shoosmiths and its clients, demonstrated in the drive to improve both quality of client experience and delivery of the Shoosmiths Way
Organising and Managing Resources
- Ensuring best practice is captured and utilised to good effect;
- The ability to plan and organise yourself and others effectively in order to meet business priorities.
- The ability to form working relationships with others, both inside and outside Shoosmiths collaborating to benefit both individuals and the organisation.
- Ability to promote the benefits of knowledge management across the firm;
- The ability to see the role in the broader context of the organisation as a whole and its clients, and to use that knowledge to develop an in-depth understanding of stakeholders' needs and to drive action;
- Evidence of ability to think strategically but also able to "roll up your sleeves" and get the job done at a practical level.
- Knowledge Management
- Law Firm
- Communicate Clearly
- Knowledge Base
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job