We have an exciting opening position for a technician at our Luxury Textiles factory in the South of England.
You'll be working with the latest Italian Lonati machinery, helping us to produce goods for some of the worlds leading designer brands!This is a fantastic opportunity for applicants with a technical or mechanical background to enter the highly competitive fashion industry, working with the very latest advanced knitting machinery. You'll learn new skills, with opportunities to progress into company management in the future.
Main responsibilities may include:
- Overseeing maintenance and repairs to our advanced knitting machinery
- Monitoring and inspecting output from the machines to ensure it complies to the high quality standards set by our premium customers
- Ensuring the knitting room is kept clean and the machines are regularly serviced
- Communicating with other departments in the event of machine breakdowns and issues
- Liaising with our parts suppliers to re-order parts stock when required
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working as a machine mechanic or maintenance mechanic in the manufacturing sector is preferable, however all applicants with engineering or mechanical backgrounds will be considered
- Experience working in the textiles industry is preferable, but not essential
- A positive attitude to problem solving and a technical mindset
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a challenging and fast moving environment as part of friendly and dynamic team.
We are offering a competitive starting salary, that will be reviewed regularly. Our factory is easily accessible by public transport, and is located a short walk from Burgess Hill rail station. Private car parking is also available.
Please submit a CV with your application. Salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Textile Industry
- sock manufacturing