A Kitchen Porter is required for various cleaning and housekeeping duties in our large and well equipped modern kitchen which serves over 180 meals a day to residents in a family style care home for the elderly located between SO32 Region only 15 minutes from Eastleigh by train.
The duties include
- General cleaning of the ancillary areas of the kitchen
- Filling the dishes for the various services and placing in the hot trolleys
- Helping with simple preparation of food e.g. preparing/peeling of vegetables
- Temperature Control: to include Fridges, Freezers, Hot Trolleys, prepared Food.
- Cleaning of kitchen equipment, washing of pots and pans and utensils used in the preparation of the meals
- Generally helping the person in charge.
We are looking to fill two position, one will be part time during the weekend the other will be during the week
As this is a care home a DBS check (formerly Criminal Records Bureau check) and two references will be required.
Sorry, we can only respond to applicants called for interview.