Do you enjoy working as part of a fast paced, dedicated team? Do you prefer to be back of house but still contribute towards helping customers? Do you want to work in an amazing location? If so this role could be for you.
What it's like to work here
This Jacobean-style house with its colourful gardens and working watermill is one of our largest properties. Many roles at Anglesey Abbey are customer facing, with all the teams working hard to maintain the superb standards of service. This is an opportunity to make a real difference within an ever-evolving environment where your ideas and input will be valued.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people, positive attitude and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen ensuring it is immaculately presented at all times, in this predominately back of house role. As a key member of our busy catering team you will always be seeking opportunities to reduce waste and find ways of working to save time and money.
You’ll have the National Trust cause at the forefront of your mind, and you’ll be proud to share our good work with our customers, and look to help the team maximise sales, so that our profits can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we're looking for like-minded people to join us:
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
- Able to follow guidelines and remain calm under pressure
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking