FIRST EVENT - CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP - 12th-16th Match!
Class 1 Personnel are looking for a team of hard-working kitchen porters to work at a range of exciting events.
There's no getting away from the fact that the kitchen porter is an entry-level position in a kitchen, but there are still many reasons for giving it a go.
Whether it’s to fund your catering related career or the chance to get valuable experience, being a kitchen porter could be the most important role of your life.
Job Overview: Grab your rubber gloves, because the main duties of a kitchen porter are to ensure the kitchen is clean and tidy.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collect and wash up pots and pans.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
Where You Will Work:
Class 1 Personnel are responsible for supplying staff to a huge range of countrywide events (think horse races, VIP boxes, stadiums, festivals, award ceremonies etc.) and you could be asked to work at some pretty impressive venues. Most of our venues are accessible via public transport, but, if not, we will always provide transport to and from the event.
Hours are flexible (either full or part-time) and the position is temporary, or permanent for the right candidates.
Requirements For The Role:
- Physically fit, this role can involve hours on your feet and some heavy lifting (deliveries etc.)
- A positive attitude
- A desire to work in hospitality (this is a great way to gain entry to some world-renowned organisations
- A good level of spoken English
- Must be able to get to Hammersmith for assessment
- Must own/purchase safety boots
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Must be 18 or above
- Communication Skills
- Positive Personality
- hard working
- physically fit