Temporary assignment until the End September 2018
To manage the kitchen/s and dining room/s in accordance with and to the standard required by LBC Catering Services policies and procedures, meeting the requirements of the School Food Plan, Health and Safety, and Food Hygiene legislation and best practice in accordance with the SLA/Contract with the school.
- Provide catering services including preparation, cooking, serving and cleaning.
- Deliver other catering services and special functions as required, in order to maximise income and customer satisfaction.
- Organise and assist with setting up of dining room/s cleaning and washing up including in depth cleaning.
- Organise kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are efficiently completed according to rotas, to keep hours worked within budget targets.
- Assist the Area Catering Operations Manager in assessing catering and staffing needs. Ensure correct work practices and methods are used by all kitchen staff to produce high quality food service and comply with Food Safety and Health and safety legislation.
- To carry out training of staff as required.
- Order and control all stock required in the service maintaining records as appropriate. Ensure that the kitchen is correctly stocked with light equipment and first aid items.
- Control all expenditure to ensure it is in line with budget targets.
- Ensure the correct procedures are followed in relation to registering pupils and staff, monitoring accounts and completion of reports using the cashless system.
- Monitor the issue of authorised free meals.
- Complete all appropriate returns and records in accordance with current catering policy and the Council’s Financial Regulations to meet the required timescales and produce accurate accounts of income and expenditure.
- Implement all Council policies and procedures including Sickness Absence Monitoring, Personal Performance Appraisal (PPA), to ensure policies are adhered to and the Council’s standards in these areas are met.
- Produce menus and other food sales according to the School Food Plan and the needs of the school in consultation with the Area Catering Operations
- Manager and the SLA/contract. Monitor sales of meals to meet customer needs and respond accordingly.
- Ensure all equipment is kept in good safe working order.
- Report any defects in kitchen equipment or premises
Working 8am to 3pm - 35 hours per week
Enhanced DBS is required for this position
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job