Kitchen Manager - Birmingham
£30k basic salary
Kitchen Managers are part of a small team, led by the Deliveroo Editions Site Ops Director, who are responsible for the operational performance of 4 kitchens covering multiple cuisine types at our Birmingham site. They will oversee a team of cooks and porters, working to hit KPIs related to food quality, costs, cook times, and hygiene.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Recruitment and retention of chefs - we want to attract, hire and keep the best people and you will lead this process in Birmingham and be responsible for ongoing scheduling and performance against labour cost expectations.
* This is a leadership role managing a team of approximately 10 x chefs.
* Performance management of your team including setting targets and appraisals
* You will be responsible for all inventory stock management including waste, ordering as well as COGs reporting against target and theoretical.
* Ensuring high quality standards are maintained and dishes are made to specification
* You will be responsible for standards and compliance and our expectations is that each of the kitchens will achieve no less than a '5' star EHO scores on the doors rating. Food safety audits are expected to be all above 85% with no critical issues
* At least 5 x years experience as head chef or development chef in a fast paced, high volume kitchen environment.
* A minimum of Food Safety Certificate Level 3 or higher.
* Experience of inventory cost management and cost of goods accountability preferably using Fourth or equivalent systems.
* A strong track record in managing kitchen teams is a pre requisite for this role.
* Delivery only kitchen and multi menu experience is very relevant but not essential.
Only candidates who closely meet the criteria will be contacted due to the high volume of applications received for this kind of role.
- Kitchen Management