Kitchen Manager / Head Chef
We’re a thriving team passionate about working together to deliver excellence, all in a natural forest environment.
Join the UK’s number one short break destination. We are proud to have more than 7,000 team members across five Center Parcs Villages and Head Office, working to create memorable experiences for families in beautiful forest locations.
A range of quality own-brand and high street restaurants and cafés, mixed with great food, family-friendly menus and a generous sprinkling of excellent service. That’s the recipe for success in our Food and Beverage department.
Around each Village, the Food and Beverage department employs around 350 team members across nine different restaurants, cafés and bars, as well as a production kitchen. There’s also a further five concessionary units including well-known brands such as Bella Italia and Café Rouge. From American grills to authentic Indian cuisine, or for those wanting a relaxing drink after a busy day, there’s something to suit all appetites at Center Parcs.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
- Annual profit share/management bonus
- Staff Reward Scheme
- Free use of leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in restaurant and retail outlets
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to join our business as a Kitchen Manager / Head Chef. In this role, you will lead a small team dedicated to providing a first class service and excellent food quality to our guests.
As part of the management team you will:
- Effectively control, co-ordinate and plan the activities of your kitchen to outlined standards of procedure
- Maintain high guest satisfaction levels through culinary leadership, ensuring quality of service, quality of food & drink, value for money and that budgeted financial targets including cost of sales are met and exceeded
- Be responsible for the daily management of your kitchen and your team ensuring cleanliness and hygiene standards are achieved as per Company and legal requirements
- Report directly to the Restaurant Manager and work together to ensure the continued growth and success of the business
HOURS OF WORK
You will be contracted to work 160 hours per 4 week period on a flexible basis. This means that your hours and days of work could vary each week, but you will always receive at least your contracted hours each period.
As our village is open 365 days of the year, your working hours may include working weekends, bank holidays and during Christmas and/or New Year on a rota basis. Shifts will fall between 8am and 12 midnight.
- A formal catering qualification e.g. City & Guilds 706/2 or above
- A minimum of 12 months kitchen management experience as a Senior Chef
- Knowledge of high quality Indian cuisine
- A proven track record of managing a small to medium sized kitchen team, ideally in a premium restaurant environment
Closing date: 4 October 2018 at 12 Noon
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 8 October 2018
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'