Bank Kitchen/Domestic Assistant
Foxgrove and Maynell Care Homes, Felixstowe
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Foxgrove and Maynell Care Homes as a Bank Kitchen/Domestic Assistant. As part of the Catering team, you will be required to assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within. On the Housekeeping side, you will assist in carrying out all cleaning duties to a high standard that meet the expectations of the residents and management.
Key Responsibilities of a Kitchen/Domestic Assistant
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- Carry out all cleaning duties to a high standard that meet the expectations of the residents and management.
- Ensure all health and safety rules (COSHH) are strictly adhered to.
- Follow universal infection control precautions.
- Follow universal waste control precautions.
- Adhere at all times to the company policies and procedures.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Flexible approach to work.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care home/commercial environment is desirable.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
This is a split role between a Kitchen Assistant and a Domestic Assistant
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual, in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. For more information about our care homes and homecare please visit .
The successful Kitchen Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.