Kitchen Assistant - BAO Shoreditch
Salary - up to £25,000 per annum + paid overtime
Schedule - Full Time
Experience - No experience necessary - training is provided
BAO Shoreditch are seeking a Kitchen Assistant to join their team. The successful candidate will be friendly, personable and passionate about all thing's food and drink. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Kitchen Assistant looking for an opportunity in an award winning, critically acclaimed group.
BAO Shoreditch are seeking a Kitchen Assistant to join their team. The successful candidate will be friendly, personable and passionate about all thing’s food and drink. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Kitchen Assistant looking for an opportunity in an award winning, critically acclaimed group.
BAO will be opening a new restaurant on Redchurch Street in Shoreditch. BAO's goal is to create restaurants that offer a different experience to each other, inspired by our founder's upbringing and travels around Asia. Each restaurant within the group has been designed with a unique narrative & menu.
As a Kitchen Assistant, you will be working in the open kitchen preparing mise en place for the Chefs de Partie. You'll assist CDPs in producing outstanding and creative dishes, using fresh local ingredients and innovative recipes to wow our guests.
If you are an enthusiastic team player who is passionate about food and hospitality, have excellent attention to detail, and a willingness to learn and develop with us, then we want to hear from you. Good knowledge of or experience in Asian cuisine and culture is a bonus!
The successful Kitchen Assistant will learn
* You'll receive a personalised development plan including a clear progression route. We value internal growth and see this an important aspect;
* You'll automatically be enrolled into BAO University where we hold creative workshops, such as Butchery and Fish Filleting classes, and hold talks with interesting people;
* We encourage staff to participate in BAO's field trips, learning and interacting with our suppliers;
* You'll experience other restaurants within the group with organised chef swaps.
* 50% off dining across BAO and JKS Restaurants;
* School of BAO - workshops, talks and field trips;
* BAO yearly anniversary gifts;
* A personalised learning and development plan to develop your skills and knowledge;
* Employee Assistance Program
Created by Erchen Chang, Wai Ting & Shing Tat Chung in 2013, BAO started in a shed in a car park in East London. BAO opened its first restaurant in Soho in April 2015, winning a Micehlin Bib Gourmand 5 years running. BAO now has 4 restaurants, one in Fitzrovia and its third in Borough Market. In 2020, BAO opened a new concept restaurant, Cafe BAO in Kings Cross; a delivery brand, Rice Error; and their online digital supermarket, Convni.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'