The wonderful East India Dock Preschool are currently searching for a super star Kitchen Assistant to join their friendly team!
Our East India Dock Preschool are located in a secure residential area less than a minute's walk from East India DLR, with only a 20 minute walk to Canary Wharf.
This is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your passion of supporting the development of children through a career in the nursery which are supportive and fun!
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To support the cook in the preparation and present age appropriate food to high standards in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment. Work in partnership with the Cook, nursery team and parents at all times to support the nurseries care and education provision. Keep accurate records of supplies and report order requirements to the Cook. In the absence of the Cook, being responsible for the running of the kitchen.
This role requires working in collaboration with others and taking responsibility for working in line with regulatory requirements and BH policies and procedures
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep the kitchen a clean and safe environment adhering to internal and external requirements
- Encourage and model behaviour which is appropriate in a child environment being professional at all times
- To make sure you meet the legal and company requirements for fire, safety, health & hygiene at all items and necessary paperwork is completed
- To support the preparation and cooking enough age appropriate food for all the children on a daily basis with minimum wastage
- Take responsibility to make sure all dietary requirements are catered for and clearly communicated to the teams
- To respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality: for example being aware of personal information regarding children
- Support, promote and implement policies and procedures
- Work in co-operation and partnership with the Cook, Nursery team and parents to encourage a healthy and nutritious diet
- Support the Cook to ensure budgetary requirements are met
- Use nominated suppliers and ensure all deliveries are accurate and paperwork is kept up to date
- Support with other activities with the nursery e.g. BBQ’s, Fetes, Staff meetings, children’s cookery clubs
- To take reasonable care of yourself and others and to comply with company Health and Safety guidelines
- Support the Cook and manager to work as a team to ensure a good or better inspection outcome
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and the part you play
- Demonstrate a proactive approach using your initiative and showing resilience to take responsibility for getting things done
- In the absence of the Cook, be responsible for the safe running of the kitchen.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'