Our client in Newcastle-under-Lyme is looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join them on a temporary basis. The main purpose of the role will be to support the smooth running of the kitchen, produce food to a high standard and assist with front of house duties when required.
- To assist in the operation of the unit by producing food and to follow line manager instruction on menu, recipe and budget.
- To carry out cleaning duties, including the washing of crockery, cutlery and equipment thereby ensuring all kitchen hygiene is maintained.
- To assist in front of house duties and customer service.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work without close supervision having taken instruction from the line manager
- Produce high standard food following recipe and service specification to ensure consistency of food offered
- Assist in maintaining, monitoring and recording temperature of food items from delivery to service
- Comply with all food safety legislation including HACCAP, COSHH and Food Safety Act 1992
- Comply with food allergen legislation and produce special dietary dishes ensuring all ingredients meet customer requirements
- Ensure all food is labelled in line with food labelling legislation
- Maintain hygienic cleaning of work area, equipment and disposal of waste to ensure all EHO standards are met
- Operate equipment in a safe manner and in line with correct procedure
- Support the front of house operation, in the serving of food and beverages as required
Essential Criteria Required:
- Recent Experience with working in a team
- Previous experience preparing food
- Experience in complying to food safety legislation
- General knowledge of basic cookery skills
- Excellent customer service
- Good organisational skills
- Understanding of health and safety issues
- Ability to work under pressure
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- Experience of preparing dishes to order
- Basic knife skills
- Vegetable preparation
Hours of Work:
- Working between 9.30am - 10pm (35 hours per week / 5 days over 7) - includes weekends
- £8.51 per hour
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'