Kitchen Assistant at Beaumont Park, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Beaumont Park, Biggleswade as a Kitchen Assistant. You will be required to assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
Key Responsibilities of a Kitchen Assistant
- To support the Head Chef/Cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- Adhere at all times to the company policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care home/commercial environment is desirable.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Flexible approach to work.
Level 2 in kitchen services or equivalent desirable.
Advanced food hygiene certificate.
10 – 15 hours per week. Flexibility to work two shifts: from 8.00am -2.00pm and 2.30pm – 7.30pm. Weekend working will be required as per rota requirements.
£7.50 per hour
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual, in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. For more information about our care homes and homecare please visit .
The successful Kitchen Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.