Kitchen Assistant - Term-time only
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a creative and effective Kitchen Assistant to work within a prestigious school location in South Croydon. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, who is flexible in their duties to assist the Chef in catering for a small number of students to a high standard. The role will be term time only.
40 hours per week, Term Time Only
Salary £7.83 per hour
Duties of the role will include:
- Prepare basic foods for sale/service, following good hygiene and safety practices and to the standards specified.
- Prepare all service areas for the day’s business
- Re-stock and replenish stocks and consumables as required during service periods, pre-empt customer needs and achieve optimum customer service delivery.
- Operate cleaning, dishwashing equipment ensuring all safety measures are adhered to.
- Complete all/any necessary cleaning/hygiene duties within storage, service and preparation areas in line with set methods and frequencies as may be detailed by the chef manager.
- Prepare, set-up, deliver, serve, clear, clean and store away any food, beverages or equipment required for special functions, hospitality services.
- Empty, remove and store rubbish as required.
Benefits of the role:
- Personal Development
- Uniform provided
- Training provided
Thomas Franks pride themselves on delivering exceptional standards coupled with a real passion for excellent food, outstanding service and fresh thinking, goodwill and a consistent smile. If you to have pride in your abilities, a desire to prove that you are one of the best and if your standards meet with ours, we would love you to join our vibrant young contract catering company.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the Right to Work in the UK to be considered for this role. An enhanced DBS, Identity & reference checks (covering the last five years) will form part of the selection process.
As an organisation using the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure service to assess applicants’ suitability for positions of trust, Thomas Franks Ltd complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and undertake not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of conviction or other information revealed. However, for any post in a school please be aware that any application is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such any criminal conviction, caution or bind-over must be declared.
- Customer Service
- Food Hygiene
- Food Safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job