Kitchen Assistant - Castlebar Care Home
We are currently looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join the Excelcare team at Castlebar Care Home, in Sydenham, London.
What you can expect:
Salary: £8.95 p/h
Working Hours: 2pm - 8pm, 5 days per week including weekends.
- Maintain excellent standards of hygiene
- Assist the cook in the preparation and serving of meals for up to 80 people
- Work as a team to agreed schedules for meal preparation
- Respecting choice and preferences of the people we care for.
- Check and maintain kitchen equipment
- Comprehensive understanding of Health & Safety issues, particularly in respect of Basic Food Hygiene, COSHH, safe moving and Handling and working within the guidelines relating to cross infection
What you will need:
Applicants should have experience of preparing and cooking food and be able to demonstrate knowledge of health and safety issues as well as food hygiene in a residential or similar setting.
- 28 Days holiday including Bank holidays
- Time and a half payment for bank holiday working
- Refer a Friend Scheme rewarding up to £600 for every person you refer(https://en-GB/page/employee-refer)
- DBS Certificate paid by Excelcare*
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Annual Salary Review
- Paid study leave
- Long service awards
- Career development pathways through the Excelcare Training Academy
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Paid uniform
- Employee of the Month and the Excelcare Awards – Recognition of our committed people across the business for a job very well done.
If you are interested in this position please apply online today, we look forward to hearing from you.
Excelcare are an equal opportunities employer.
*Subject to terms and conditions.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'