As a Kitchen Assistant you will assist in organising and preparing quality food under the supervision of the Cook/Chef, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness. The residents in our care home really relish meal times. Join us as a Kitchen Assistant and help make our residents very happy - all whilst developing your catering skills and enjoying some great benefits. Gracewell Healthcare are one of the UK's leading providers of health and social care services and are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to help our kitchen team produce nutritious meals several times a day to ensure our residents needs are met. The main responsibilities of the Kitchen Assistant Role are:·
- To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals to residents.
- To maintain cleanliness of kitchen and equipment, ensuring the premises are always cleaned to the highest standard, following the requirements of the cleaning schedule.
- Assist in the preparation of cold meals e.g. sandwiches and salads.
- To monitor and record all deliveries and dispatches of frozen and dry foods.
- To work as part of a team and participate is staff meetings
- To wash up after meals, ensuring all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately.
- Clean the dining areas, where appropriate.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Experience in the catering services is beneficial although not essential.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Food handling course qualification desirable
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedules.
- To ensure statutory and Company Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- To ensure correct storage of all dry and perishable cook chill goods as soon as possible after receipt and checking.
- To ensure the correct, safe storage of cleaning materials.
- To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils and service counter containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions given by the Head Chef and/or Home Manager.
Gracewell Healthcare is a leading premier healthcare provider of residential, nursing and dementia care delivered in a most luxurious home environment providing the very highest standards of care to our residents. We believe great care starts with great people. Gracewell Healthcare has a varied range of career options available to individuals all supported by extensive learning and development programmes to make the most of your career with us.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank holiday
- Bank holiday - double time payment for approved hours worked
- 'Your choices' voluntary benefits - employee discounted scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme with Halfords
- Study Support