We are at the forefront of a competitive retail sector, providing amazing value to millions of customers every week, with a National and International store base in the UK, Ireland, Poland and Spain.
As a result of our rapid and continued growth, we have immediate positions available for Warehouse Operatives at our Harlow DC.
The Government's Kickstart Scheme has meant that we have a new and exciting opportunity to offer you for 6 months as a Warehouse Operative. Under the scheme we will offer you a great incite into the business as well as thorough 'on-the-job' training. We will also offer you an opportunity to go through our Employability Skills Training, which will include supporting you with CV writing, applying for vacancies and interviewing techniques. We also aim to prioritise our own permanent vacancies in the business, where suitable, for our Kickstart colleagues.
We work on average 40 hours with wide range of shift patterns available to suit.
Potential to earn between £11.02 - £22.02*
*All new starters will receive an additional £1 for every hour worked up from the 4th October 2021 to the 31st January 2022 - T&C's apply*
- To carry out all trained warehouse duties assigned to enable the smooth end efficient movement of stock from Goods In and Goods Out and ensure the timely preparation of orders to the highest standard of quality and accuracy.
- The job holder needs to ensure that all warehouse duties are carried out efficiently, accurately and safely to provide a high standard of delivery to customers.
- The job holder will need to be flexible, once trained, to assist in all areas of the warehouse.
Overtime and night/weekend premiums payable
- To correctly carry out any operational functions, once trained to do so, i.e. Goods In, loading, containers and any other reasonable requests
- To meet productivity and accuracy targets set by Management
- To ensure that the correct procedures are received and loaded prior to customer delivery in line with the company procedures
- Ensure that the products sent to the customers are distributed correctly and safely
- To avoid stock damage, i.e. through poor stacking, insufficient skink wrap, unsecure loading etc
- To ensure that all training relating to Health & Safety is adhered to and any concerns regarding any Health & Safety are reported to the Team Manager and Shift Managers
- To safely operate all equipment once trained to do so
- Always adhere to safe manual handling techniques
- To wear all personal protective equipment supplied at all times within the warehouse.
- To report any personal injury, accident or damage to equipment, machinery or premises or stock
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the depot.
The training will be provided over a 26-week period and be a blend of on-the job training (at the DC) and digital learning for our Kickstarters including;
- Internal Induction - Full Warehouse induction and training on all elements of the role provided by the onsite Warehouse Trainer
- Level 1 Employability
- Accredited TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Warehousing (DC)
- Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills (ALL) Accredited TQUK
- Level 2 Certificate in Functional Skills Maths & English (ALL)
- CV Writing
- Interview Skills
- Job Searching
- Further support to those colleagues unsuccessful
In return for your hard work, you will receive the benefits below;
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
- Loyal service awards
- Colleague of the month scheme
- Increasing holiday from 28 days to max 34 days with service
- Paid breaks
- Overtime paid at time and half once you work over 40 hours
Previous warehouse experience desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
An excellent work ethic is a must along with common sense and who is self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude. You will be able to work as an individual, or as a team player within the company guidelines.
Things move fast here at Poundland and you'll be able to cope with change, enjoy working in fast paced DC environment and working to and beating your targets.We're a fantastic company to work for and...
Here at Poundland we're a fun and friendly place to work, recognise and celebrate success and we'll encourage you to make the most of your potential! You'll be an important part of a growing UK retailer, get the opportunity to work with hardworking dedicated colleagues and also other benefits include competitive annual leave allowance, pension and much more!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'