Permanent - Tameside
To work with a case load of 16 -19 year olds in order to provide the support necessary to facilitate learner recruitment, retention on programme, achievement of learning aims & progression.
- To engage and case manage learners on Study Programmes and provide advocacy, mentoring, advice and guidance and 'employability’ interventions that meet the needs of individuals in order to sustain progress on programme and ensure positive outcomes.
- Ensure engagement with young people is of a high quality and establishing relationships with new learners and assist them to understand the potential benefits of Company services and encourage commitment to the programme.
- Establish and deliver both group and one-to-one activities as part of learner interventions including initial assessments, inductions and action plans with learners in order to:
- identify individual learning and employment needs;
- oversee and monitor training and other interventions (including work experience) for each learner;
- setting up social activities and support to engage in external activities.
- develop rapport and interaction with learners;
- enable learners to access and use information (including CEIAG);
- record discussions and training sessions on database and co-ordinate further activity with learners;
- support learners with the 'employability’ needs and implement future courses of action;
- deliver intervention with students as required, assisting learners to decide on options for meeting their career aims and provide support for planning a course of action;
- prepare and develop resources to support 'employability’ and Personal and Social Development (PSD)
- facilitate learning in groups that improves employability and progression through presentations and activities;
- job-matching and job-broking into employment opportunities.
- generate learner feedback
- Conduct at least monthly Reviews with learners, including monitoring attendance and behaviour and implementing action plans where improvement is required.
- Seek ways to continuously improve service and own performance and report to Manager on this
- Networking, marketing and promotion of service to partner organisations and learners.
- Develop and deliver calendar of enrichment activities and work taster sessions
- Carry out associated administration work including report writing, collecting and analysing management information, evaluating service delivery and audit and review of records.
- Multiple stakeholders including local youth services, social services, JCP, provider networks, 14-19 groups, schools, NAS and Local Authorities
- Working with between 150 -200 students, through several intakes across an academic year
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in a target driven environment, with a focus on the successful achievement of learning aims, and progression into further training or employment for learners.
- High level guidance skills, with the ability to deliver one-to-one and group sessions to at least Grade 2 standard.
- Ability to deliver customer journey in conjunction with other professional and services.
- Level 4 in Advice & Guidance, or equivalent (e.g. training, mentoring or youth work experience/qualifications). (desirable)
- Working with and placing individuals in to suitable and sustained employment.
- Providing guidance, advice & counselling, specialist /pastoral support.
- Experience in the guidance, advice & counselling environments.
- Knowledge in relation to the issues affecting individuals with multiple barriers to progressing to employment and sustained employment.
- Knowledge in relation to the support agencies that can assist with individuals with complex needs (e.g. debt, substance misuse, housing etc).
- Training, education & employment opportunities locally & nationally (including Study Programmes, Traineeship and Apprenticeships).
- A warm, approachable empathetic style and the ability to establish a rapport and build relationships with young people that support their progression in learning and on to sustained employment.
- Ability to communicate and motivate young people and employers and to influence and build working relationships.
- Flexible approach to work including hot-desking, local travel, out of hours working to match when students are on placement, ability to work in the local community.
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job