A Key Worker/Learning Mentor is required for a long term role working at a Pupil Referral Unit supporting Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 pupils with Behavioural Difficulties and Challenging Behaviour.
The role will involve working with students, families, school staff and other agencies to provide additional support to young people who need help to overcome barriers to learning, social engagement and personal development. The successful candidate will develop programs of engagement, reintegration and Alternative Provision under the guidance of a Team Leader.
The role will involve monitoring the engagement on programs and assisting in quality assurance of Assurance Providers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Previous Key Worker/Learning Mentor experience
- Experience of delivering one to one interventions with students
- Experience of managing individual caseloads, preferable with children
- Strong behaviour management skills
The following experience would be highly desirable:
- Previously worked as a Learning Mentor
- Experience of working directly with students in a High School
- Experience of working with alternative agencies and leading CAFS
- Team Teach trained
You must have:
- At least 6 months experience working with children in the last 2 years
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, cost of which will be met by the applicant, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Legal right to work in the UK
If you are interested in the above role or any other teaching opportunities then please send your CV to
Exclusive Education will offer you:
- Your own personal consultant, dedicated to finding you work
- Competitive day rates
- 24/7 on call service
- Access to all day to day, short term and long term roles our schools task us with filling
- A fast clearance process
Exclusive Education have a number of roles within Primary, Secondary and Special schools covering both short and long term roles. If this role does not match what you are looking for then please contact us on to find out about other opportunities we have available.
You will be working with an experienced team of education specialist whose sole focus is on the Primary sector.
If you know of any other Teachers, Teaching Assistant or Cover Supervisors seeking work within the North West then please send on their details to Exclusive Education to earn £50 worth of vouchers*
*see terms and conditions
- Challenging Behaviour
- Teaching Assistant
- Team Teach
- Learning Mentor
- Key Stage 3
- Key Worker
- Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job