We are currently working with an established manufacturer/engineering company based in the Peak District who is looking for an energetic Key Account Manager / Business Development Manager (KAM / BDM) to join their sales team.
The successful candidate will be based at the main offices in the Buxton area although, there will be occasional travel in both UK and overseas to trade shows and visiting clients. Travel will be no greater than 12 weeks per annum however, please note the overseas travel length could be for 2 weeks at a time.
The offices are a commutable distance from Buxton, Ashbourne, Leek, Macclesfield, Bakewell, Matlock, Chesterfield and High Peak,
The successful applicant must be interested in product design as well as account management and new business development and be willing to embrace technical detail.
To join and build on an already successful international sales team, work with existing clients whilst also exploring new business opportunities and building long term relationships. With this in mind, excellent networking skills and the ability to build relationships both internally and externally are essential.
This really is a varied role where the ideal candidate must be able to grasp and present the intricacies of a technical product as well as understanding a customer’s range structure and plan product offerings to suit. It will allow the successful candidate to work closely with well-known, global brands in the UK and overseas. To succeed you need to be flexible, with the ability and desire to be involved with a range of disciplines including sales, marketing, design and commercial functions. Tasks may include carrying out market research both through desk research in the office and through sales channels either in the UK or overseas, thorough preparation of product presentations and direct follow-up with customers.
Key skills and experience
- Experience of working with and developing existing and potential new client base, therefore you must have the ability to overcome any initial objections in order to build long-term relationships.
- A minimum of 2 years customer facing sales experience required.
- A flair for product design and develop these skills by offering technical information, with the support of the established engineering team.
- Language skills are desirable and ability to speak German would be a distinct advantage.
- Educated to Degree or HND level, ideally in a technical or business related discipline.
- Excellent IT and Communication skills, both written and oral. IT systems used are: Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel / Google Docs.
- An outgoing personality and proven experience in relationship building.
If the above is of interest to you click apply today!
- International Sales
- Product Design
- Key Account Management
- Technical Information