Key Account Manager
If you’re looking for the next step in your account management career and would thrive utilising your exceptional relationship building skills and commercial flair, within a role that will keep you on your toes, then this superb opportunity to join a global organisation working at the forefront of technology could be your chance to shine.
Who will I be working with?
Qioptiq is a world leader in the designing and manufacturing of photonic products and solutions that serve a wide range of markets and applications such as medicine, life science, industrial manufacturing, defence and aerospace, and research and development.
Qioptiq’s outstanding global reputation exists thanks to the dedicated team of over 2,100 employees, who are provided with an interesting yet challenging work environment. Qioptiq endeavours to achieve excellent communication throughout the company, and has a focus on encouraging personal development and supporting individuals to exploit their potential, by actively promoting their quest for knowledge, enjoyment of continuous learning and active participation in the life of the company.
What will this role of Key Account Manager entail?
Reporting to the Head of Key Accounts, you will work as part of the Advanced Optronics Department where you will take the lead on identifying and securing new business, in addition to maintaining customer relationships. You’ll put your business-focused mindset to great use in a varied and challenging role, where your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Positioning the company and current / future products for key contracts through developing close customer business relationships
- Providing customers with superb levels of post contract support
- Leading and assisting with the preparation and submission of bids, quotes and proposals
- Taking the lead on addressing commercial, technical or manufacturing issues with colleagues across the organisation
- Contributing to the formulation of the sales and manufacturing forecasts
- Utilising awareness and knowledge of the market to identify potential new customers and / or markets, providing input into both the product strategy and company strategic direction
- Ensuring the rolling forecast is maintained, with potential orders highlighted
- Utilising the company Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system to maintain an up to date, accurate and complete database of business opportunities which will be used to generate the company business plans
What will I need to be considered for this Key Account Manager vacancy?
- Proven experience working as an Account Manager, with a track record of effectively maintaining customer relationships and driving business growth
- A professional attitude, with strong commercial acumen
- Superb communication skills with exceptional influencing and relationship building skills
- A keen eye for detail, with ability to use own initiative
- Highly motivated, self-driven and proactive with a business-focused mindset to explore new market opportunities
- IT literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Full UK driving license and valid Passport to allow for international travel
The following would be advantageous, although not essential:
- A degree level qualification, ideally within engineering or a scientific subject
- Experience of working with MRP / ERP applications and associated software
- Proven experience of managing suppliers and internal business project teams to deliver quality and timely results for customers
- Experience of preparing and submitting bids within an engineering or manufacturing process environment
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a global organisation where you will be supported to develop your career with comprehensive training and support provided.
Salary: £31,364 - £40,049, level dependent on experience
Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, free car parking, stakeholder pension scheme (with company contribution) includes Life Assurance at x4 salary, learning and development opportunities, bonus plan (profit share), and childcare voucher scheme.
Hours of Work: 36 hours per week, Monday to Thursday: 8.15am - 16.45pm, Friday: 8.15am -12.15pm. Flexibility will be required to meet business needs.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: St Asaph (Denbighshire, North Wales), conveniently located near to the A55. There will be regular national and international travel, which can sometimes be at short notice.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Key Account Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Qioptiq. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Qioptiq, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.