Our client are exhibition and retail display stand experts, specialising in design and build of exhibition stands and retail displays, based in Coventry, West Midlands
The responsibility of the successful candidate is to create faithful clients, through, building relationships, developing client accounts, exploring new account opportunities and going above and beyond for our clients to ensure they are happy.
Qualifications and Experience
- Industry experience essential
- Experience in a sales role is desirable
- Experience in client relationship building
- Skilled in computer proficiency
- Confident yet consultative and 'Can Do’ attitude
- Be able to work in a high pressure situation
- Trustworthy and hard working
- Creative mind-set
- Team win approach, not me win
- Ability to effectively build relationships with people
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Care of customers like they’re your own - build very strong relationships with clients
- Winning orders - it is the Account Managers responsibility to secure the order
- Creating account plans and executing them, track plans against actual progress.
- Constantly pro-active, keeping communications open via face to face, telephone and other communications
- Controlling their own pipeline ensuring there is sufficient value to achieve sales targets.
- Keeping all projects up-to-date with activity, value and key dates using Hubspot CRM.
- Coming up with creative ideas for developing accounts and adding value for clients
- Developing Accounts through referrals and pro - active research of new opportunities
- Taking main points from Clients and understanding their requirements and main points.
- Inducting the Project Manager on a project ensuring that all aspects and detail of the project are covered, it is the Account Managers job to ensure the Project Manager understands the project fully.
- Give direction to the Designer at the outset of the project.
- Follow the project through to quotation and presentation stage, ensuring our proposal will meet the clients brief and give them confidence to use Merit. At which point they secure the order!
- Hold 1 or 2 meetings with the Project Manager during production if necessary and attend a site if it is a large scale project.
- Take any customer issues on projects and work with the associated Project Manager to delivery solution as soon as possible.
- Follow up a completed project with the client to get feedback, development and secure the next lead.
- Carry out pro-active sales activity for new prospects
Job Title Key Account Manager
Reports to Sales & Marketing Lead Leader
Hours Full Time, 08:00 - 17:00 (1 hour flexible break allowance per day)
Holiday 28 days including public holidays
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 + sales related bonus.
Probation Six months