Location - Leeds (Commuting distance with some home working)
Salary - £25000 - £35000 basic (DOE & negotiable), Company Car, Bonus, Pension, Flexible Benefits
Are you a career minded individual with a real passion for the food industry and a natural aptitude for sales and account management? You may not have the years of experience under your belt but if somebody could really give the opportunity, that chance, that exposure to show what you can do in a managing a high value account within the Grocery sector, then you really feel you would excel?
In reality, its not always easy to come by that perfect opportunity…. But there are some exceptions…
I am currently recruiting for a Key Account Manager to manage the Tesco account for an International food manufacturing and processing company with an enviable track record of creating the very best and most innovative products for their wide portfolio of private label customers:
The business has achieved significant growth over the last 2 years in the UK retail market place with both existing and new customers and now the time is right to strengthen the account management team to provide even greater levels of customer service to their retail partners (Tesco).
- The successful applicant will hold joint P&L responsibility with the Business Unit Manager for the Tesco account and will promote effective and positive cross-functional business relationships at all levels within all Tesco functions
- The key aspect of this role will be to provide strong and focused account management skills to the Tesco team across all departments including buying, technical, NPD & Supply chain, by pro-actively solving problems and meeting task deadlines all underpinned by strong commercial growth plans
- The Tesco KAM role is a key position within the U.K. Business Unit helping to look after their biggest and most valued customer partner and it’s expected that the KAM will drive and support the general development of the business plan through immersive involvement in projects and internal initiatives.
So what’s in it for me, I hear you ask?
- Work closely alongside the UK Head of Sales with a clear career development plan to grow into Business Unit Manager and ultimately leading the UK sales yourself - Yes, really!!
- Significantly further your Account Management experience within the FMCG retail area and Tesco
- Gain knowledge and training in high quality account management in NPD, finance, forecasting & implementing price increases
- The chance to do joint business planning process focusing on defined outcomes
- Expand your experience of working in diverse teams (including dotted line / cross functional teams)
- Gain strong industry knowledge of the U.K. retail market-place and Tesco business
- Deepen your understanding of business structure, with a focus on key relationships & retailer strategic direction
This brand-new position will be based out of the company’s brand-new UK offices in Leeds so you must be a commutable distance from the area, although some home working will be allowed.
Ideally you will be educated to degree level and have in the region of 1-3 years FMCG Sales/Account Management experience. Moreover, you must be extremely driven and ambitious, with a clear work ethic and a winning mentality.
Starting salary will be in the region of £25000 - £35000 + Company Car, Bonus, Pension and various flexible benefits.
If you want to get started with a Key Account Management role and end up as Head of Sales (or beyond) then here is the place to do it!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'