Nature and aim of Key Account Manager position
The holder of this position is responsible for managing and developing an assigned merchant portfolio selling a range of Products and Services. Account Development products including - Marketing Services, Business Intelligence and Training Programs at both clients Head Office and Store level.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Accurate account management driving Head Office objectives:
- Delivery of sales targets
- Cross sell company products to existing accounts
- Working with finance and legal team to carry out commercial and contractual negotiations with accounts
- Develop Key Account plans and ensure plans are up to date, objectives are well specified and measurable, objectives and actions promote long term relationships with accounts
- Working collaboratively with accounts to create long term strategic roadmap relationships (both commercial and product related).
- Monitor and manage debt level of assigned accounts and minimise bed debt exposure
- Improve merchants knowledge and expertise with company services
- Maintain working knowledge of competitors and industry trends activity to ensure company remains competitive in all aspects of the market
- Accurate use of our 'CRM’ system to plan, record and report account specific activity
- Ensure that all relative market and business information is transmitted to the organization in an updated, qualified and transparent way
- Work with sell-out field services team to coordinate and deliver store level objectives:
- Working in conjunction with sell out Manager create and deliver plan for all in-store staff training on Tax Free and Currency Choice
- Working with IT team and Sell out Manager to plan and deliver installation and training of issuing solutions in store
- Maximize TFS business (Issue Ratio and Refund Ratio management)
- Maximize DCC business (Hit Rate management)
- Business Statistics analysis, presentation, discussion and action with Store Managers on a regular basis for key stores
- Action plans and store visits in line with company segmentation model
- Accurate use of CRM to plan, record and report account specific activitives
Relates to / cooperates with
Main Function interactions:
- Country Manager, Head of Department stores, Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, Partner Relationship Manager & MS Manager
Main Cross - Function interactions:
- Media, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Product and IT
Essential Experience Required:
Ÿ Must have at least 4-5 years’ experience of account management ideally in the FMCG, retail or financial services
Must have experience in account managing Head Office Department Stores such as Harrods, Selfridges and John Lewis etc for 4-5 years.
Must have Operational Head office department stores experience.
Ÿ Strong interpersonal, verbal skills, excellent communicator and presenter
Ÿ The ability to learn on a steep learning curve.
Ÿ Evidence of resilience, drive and enthusiastic individuals, who can use their own initiative.
Ÿ High standard of personal presentation
Ÿ The skills to build and maintain strong customer relationships with an ability to grasp customers’ current and potential needs.
Ÿ Good use of time management skills, can demonstrate ability to prioritize
Ÿ Results-orientated with a proven track record of achieving targets.
Ÿ Good organizational skills with the ability to work for periods unsupervised.
Ÿ Ambitious and hardworking, with a genuine hunger for success.
Ÿ PC Literate. Competent user of Microsoft Office and spreadsheet applications.
- Account Management
- Department Stores
- Retail Sales