Key Account Manager / Business Development - Microsoft Sales
Hancock and Parsons are working Global IT Provider who are looking for a Key Account Manager to join their York offices on a permanent basis.
About the company
A Microsoft Gold Partner who specliase in license management, sourcing, technical product consulting and cloud-based professional services. They employ over 2500 people in 35 countries generating over £2Billion in 2017.
About the role
Based in the York office, this is an external role where the Key Account Manager will be visiting customers and partners across the country. You will be responsible for the direct and proactive account management of key strategic customers and the targeting and acquisition of new accounts in the UK.
This is a customer-facing role, with accountability for the delivery of monthly and annual business gross profit targets.
- Proactively penetrate the target account market and develop a portfolio of business clients and prospect groups to build profitable market share in key software and services lines of business
- Retain and grow revenue by adding value to our clients through onsite visits to key decision makers within assigned book and also new business; developing a profitable and mutually beneficial relationship
- Identify licensing sales opportunities within the qualifying client accounts
- Develop leads from partners and the software licensing sales team to realise larger business opportunities for high-end software solution lines and programme conversions.
- Provide an Account Management Plan for each client, to ensure the client requirements and
- relationship standards are delivered to a consistent high standard.
- Assist clients in the completion of license contracts and agreements, including non- standard
- Driving solution focused 'bridge’ activities - with a view to growing the sales pipeline (for example: joint calls to customers, sales coaching around solutions, sharing deal information for addition to the pipeline).
Key Skills Knowledge & Experience
- To have a consultative approach to solution-based selling.
- Extensive software licensing sales and services experience and knowledge, including software
- licensing programs, partner service standards, contracts and agreements.
- Clear evidence of consistent target overachievement in a profit- and margin-driven sales
- Ability to confidently deliver client-facing presentations and documentation to a high standard, and the ability to communicate to a C-level audience.
- Proven record of new business development, particularly at customers with a complex portfolio of
- products and solutions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, highly self-motivated and self-disciplined, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong time management skills and outstanding communication skills.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Fantastic career progression with international opportunities.
- The opportunity to contribute to an exciting new global strategy.
- £55,000 Basic salary with a realistic Double OTE
- £5,000 - £7,500 Car Allowance
- Healthcare, life insurance and a pension scheme.
- Sales rewards and corporate recognition schemes.
- Being the part of a familial environment here in the UK, whilst working for a collaborative global
- A strong focus on continuous professional development.
- IT Sales
- Key Account
- Sales Team
- Software Licensing
- New Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job