An excellent opportunity for a BSc or MSc educated life science graduate, ideally with experience working to targets in a commercial role (retail sales or telesales for example), with the drive and motivation to move into scientific sales!
PRODUCTS: Life Science and Microscopy instrumentation and consumables
CLIENTS: Research and Academic Laboratories
This role is field-based travelling to customers around 80% of the week, with around 20% working from home, following up on administrative duties. You will be working closely alongside a more senior sales person in Oxford, so you will be provided with excellent support and training.
- Assist the senior sales specialist with the creation and implementation of territory sales strategies and the delivery of sales budgets and targets in the region
- Achieve revenue sales targets
- Build, develop and maintain strong working relationships with the customer base, maintaining current and developing new business relationships
- Attend trade shows, seminars, conferences and exhibitions to promote company brand when appropriate
- Provide consultation guidance, ensuring that the correct products are recommended to suit customers' needs
- Work closely with the marketing team
- Ensure the demonstration equipment that you are in possession of is always in good working order
- Provide a comprehensive monthly report of the previous month's activity and objectives for the coming month. Provide a forecast of sales on a monthly basis.
- Provide a detailed business plan for your territory that identifies target accounts and potential future customer capital equipment projects.
- Make positive recommendations on ways in which products can be improved
- Make suggestions for new products or system solutions
- Maintain awareness of competitor activity and products in the market
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a life science discipline
- Experience using a range of instrumentation in the laboratory is preferred, specifically within the life science discipline
- Target-driven commercial experience is preferred but not essential
- Driven, motivated and an excellent communicator
- Able to work independently and effectively as part of a team
- Account Management
- Cell Biology
- Customer Service
- Molecular Biology
- Technical Sales