Junior Underwriting Analyst - Offshore Energy
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
We are looking for a Junior Underwriting Analyst to join our team, this is your chance to create your career in an exciting environment where anything is possible. Are you ready to grow your career with us? As an Junior Underwriting Analyst for QBE you will focus on exposure management and price benchmarking of offshore oil and gas insurance risks. This role is a challenging entry-level, that represents an ideal opportunity for a school leaver or graduate to gain commercial experience, skills, and responsibility in a professional underwriting environment.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Accurate capture of exposure data within our exposure management systems, and price benchmarking models, managing risks with exposure in the hundreds of million and multi-billion dollar aggregate exposures.
- Ensuring a clear audit trail is maintained in order for inspection and verification of data and process.
- Assisting in the timely collation and processing of data for various regulatory and internal data returns.
- Liaise within the team and with Operations / Business Performance & Reporting departments.
- Working closely with underwriters and senior analysts the successful candidate will learn to understand individual risk characteristics and underlying assumptions within the underwriting process.
- Reporting to the Head of Data Analytics, and Portfolio Manager for Offshore Energy the successful candidate will gain exposure to data science, advanced data analytics, underwriting techniques.
- The candidate will develop strong skills in Excel Data analysis and receive professional training.
- On the job, training will be provided, additional opportunity to progress with ACII qualifications.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisation skills with ability to work to deadlines
- Strong numeric skills (A-level Physical Sciences or Mathematics)
- An intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate a complex ideas, concepts, and analysis
- Professional attitude
- Desire and aptitude to develop analytical skills is essential
- Desire to gain knowledge and skills in underwriting environment
- Knowledge of a programming language SQL, or Python is an advantage but not a necessity
- Some office/administrative experience in an insurance/underwriting environment an advantage
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
- General Insurance