Job Title: Junior Underwriter
Salary: £20k - £25k
Location: Haywards Heath
Hours: Monday - Friday
Benefits: 20 days holidays increasing by 1 day every year, modern offices centrally located in Haywards Heath - Only 5 minutes from the station.
My client is a successful, well-established financial institution. We are delighted to be assisting them in their search for a Junior Underwriter to be based in their central Haywards Heath office.
The main focus of this role is to undertake searches on businesses and directors in order to make well considered recommendations on their suitability for borrowing based on a predetermined list of criteria in line with a specifically developed underwriting policy for this venture.
- Loading new business proposals to the database
- Completing business and personal searches
- Completing property value and land registry searches
- Checking accounting software for existing exposure
- Building a picture of the security available
- Investigating and assessing the risk
- Presenting your findings and recommendations to directors for sign off
- Liaising with introducers regarding potential and accepted new business proposals
- Making decisions regarding acceptable documentation against agreed criteria
- Producing scheduled management reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Keen analytical skills with the ability to make clear, well-reasoned decisions
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Energy, enthusiasm and commitment to customer service
- Ambitious with a real willingness to develop and progress
- Basic IT literacy
- Starting salary £20-25k depending on experience
- 20 days holiday increasing by 1 day for each full calendar year worked. Up to 25
- Hours 9.00 - 17:30 Mon to Thurs, 9.00- 17.00 on Friday
- Immediate start
- Full time, permanent
- Office based in Haywards Heath
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.