Junior to Mid-weight Web Designer
Job Title: Junior to Mid-weight Web Designer
Location: Poole, Dorset
Salary: £20k to £25k. Plus up to 10% performance related bonus
Are you a Junior to Mid-weight Web Designer looking to join an ambitious full service design agency, based in Poole, Dorset? If so, this could be the role for you…
Due to our client's rapid growth in recent years, they are looking to expand their team of designers with an experienced candidate brimming with ideas, enthusiasm and ability to inspire, mentor and develop the skills of others.
The role requires you to design and produce a full range of marketing solutions focusing mainly on web design, but ranging from on screen presentations, corporate branding and logos, through to literature and print material.
- To produce and design innovative (graphic and web) media and content based upon a brief or instructions provided by account managers - there is rarely any direct client liaison.
- Daily, you will be working on existing client websites, editing text and imagery, page layouts and content.
- You will also be working on the creation of pay per click (PPC) pages, focusing on strong call to actions, and stunning design.
Skills and Experience:
- A suitable Designer will be experienced in producing creative web design concepts.
- Being able to use WordPress to a high standard is essential.
- A stunning web design portfolio that illustrates your web design skills.
- A strong background working with WordPress.
- Able to share opinions / ideas.
- An in-depth knowledge and aptitude with Adobe Creative Suite
- An understanding of what makes a Search engine friendly web site
- A working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, PHP, JS and JWordPress
- An understanding of responsive web design principles and able to implement these skills
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- A proactive 'can-do, will-do' attitude to be successful and learn.
- Willing to take 'design changes'/ comments on board.
- Education to degree level or equivalent (Web Design / Graphic Design / Marketing / Communication / Digital Media).
- Flash Animation skills.
- Knowledge of SEO.
You will work in a great open plan office environment with beautiful sea views and wonderful music! The basic salary will depend on experience/qualifications etc, but will be around £20 - £25k. Plus up to 10% performance related bonus. Plus up to 28 days holiday (not including Bank Holidays), pension, income protection, share option scheme etc.
Applications can only be considered with an up to date Portfolio - please ensure your personal contact details are removed otherwise we are unable to submit it to the client.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://privacy-policy/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"