My client are an established, market leading provider of business critical management software, expanding and looking to hire additional Software Developers to accomodate their growth and success.
Reporting to the Head of Development, this role will be very hands-on, working to develop, support, test and maintain this product.
A strong team culture is part of our way of life. We expect our developers to bounce ideas off each other and support each other to produce code we can be proud of.
Taking advantage of the latest technologies, there is plenty of opportunity for you to demonstrate creativity in greenfield development.
You will have the opportunity to work on the full product life cycle using agile methodologies and will thrive in a fast-paced environment, solving complex problems.
What will you be doing?
- You will be involved in hands-on development with a variety of technologies in an agile environment
- You will analyse software requirements
- You will write unit tests
- You will help us maintain the standard of our codebase by carrying out performance improvements and refactoring code
- You will contribute to frequent reviews of our standards and practices
- You will work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes
- You will share knowledge with other members of the team
You’ll likely have between 1 and 3 years’ experience in software application development, but talent wins over experience and Computing Graduates will also be considered. If you can demonstrate an ability to produce high quality code, that’s what counts.
- Object Orientated programming experience
- ASP.NET MVC
- SQL Server
- Awareness of Agile/Scrum, Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- HTML / CSS
Experience of any of the following:
- Test Driven Development
- JQuery, Backbone, Require. JS, Marionette, Typescript
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- WCF/Web Services
- Mobile Development
- Previous use of bug tracking software, such as Bugzilla or Trac
- Knowledge of developing mobile friendly web applications
- Knowledge of modern IDEs
- Ability to use version control software, such as SVN or Git
Your Personal Characteristics will include;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain issues clearly and simply, both orally and in writing
- An open and friendly personality, with an inclination to collaborate to achieve team goals
- Creativity and demonstration of flair
- Logical and analytical, with a methodical approach to problem-solving
- Accurate, with high attention to detail
As a division of a global software parent group, continuing to grow and prosper, this opportunity offers opportunity for skills and career progression within the team, working within a friendly, non red tape environment.
- Software Development
- Sql Server