We are GAME.
Knowing your stuff. Genuinely passionate and excited about what you do, you're a team player with an interest in gaming and experience in a similar field.
We're all about building the most valuable community of gamers out there, bringing them latest games, exclusive editions, and hottest consoles to the UK. We're the UK's No.1 high-street videogames retailer for a reason - and we're looking for someone special to join us.
Think you're up for the challenge?
What you'll be doing
We're looking for Junior Test Analyst to join our team in Basingstoke. As part of our IT department, your key responsibilities will include:
- Design, maintain and execute Functional, Integration and Regression test cases within an Agile development cycle
- Provide Risk Based coverage of the requirements within Game's multiple platform environments, inc Game affiliated 3rd Party systems
- Perform ad-hoc testing and problem solving support for urgent business critical development fixes
- Responsible for identifying, recording and verifying bugs in the software which should include providing test evidence that planned testing has been performed to an agreed standard allowing the release of quality code to a live environment
- Support and provide assistance, where needed, to Game Retail and 3rd party developers as required
- Provide ELS support to the Business and other Game Stakeholders for post go live implementations
- Provide support for performance, security and scalability testing where required
- Experience in a dynamic Microsoft.Net and Agile based working environment
- Has an open, flexible and proactive approach and the ability to deal with changing priorities within a high pressure, business driven IT team
- Has worked previously with Development Team and Business Analysts to drive through the final solution and ensure both system and business integrity is maintained
- Some knowledge of eCommerce / mCommerce
- Ability to integrate quickly into a highly technical and motivated team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of technical staff and management within the organisation and 3rd party suppliers
- Knowledge of change, configuration and release management methodologies
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to provide clear, concise and relevant documentation where required
Bonus points for:
- Has some knowledge of: IBM Websphere, MQ Server, Message Broker technologies, SOAPUI, SQLServer, Endeca, Digital Content
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management
- Team Foundation Server and some experience with automation tools such as Selenium would also be advantageous
- Willing to acquire automation testing skills as part of role
We've got a lot to offer
What's in it for you? Plenty. We offer our team a pretty nice package of perks (even if we do say so ourselves), including:
- Fantastic opportunities for development and promotion
- Awesome staff discounts on the latest games, consoles, tech, and more
- Matched pension contributions
- A generous benefits package
...and much, much more!
Not a bad deal, huh?
You'll be joining our IT team in Basingstoke. With a cool chillout zone featuring some of the hottest console games, awesome tournaments, clubs and competitions - from football and foosball to bake-offs - there's plenty to get involved with. Our on-site Bistro offers special themed days throughout the year.
We've even been known to have beer o' clock Fridays, free pizza lunches, and enough sweets to keep the whole office buzzing. It all adds up to one amazing, vibrant place to work with one of the most exciting company cultures you'll ever experience.
Sounds amazing, right?