Dwell is one of the UK's fastest growing multi-channel brands offering customers modern contemporary, exclusive in-house designed furniture and a growing range of home accessories. At Dwell we offer you the opportunity to work in an environment that inspires people to be unique, is filled with passion and provides opportunities to grow.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Junior Technologist at Dwell, you will be managing the technical and quality aspects for all Furniture and Home ware product category developments, as directed by the Senior Buyer. You will play a key role in ensuring product launches are achieved within agreed timeframes, with the supporting compliance documents.
You will compile information and checkdetails about product quality, testing and compliance as required during the entire product lifecycle, from initial brief and sampling through to factory production, launch and to eventual discontinuation
Additionally, you will work closely with the quality team in China, assisting with technical support in a timely manner and responding to issues in accordance with established quality processes.
Initial Areas Of Responsibility Will Include
- Manage and distribute the Dwell Quality Requirement documents across Dwell Supplier base. Awareness of regulations, tests and general standards concerning product fitness-for-purpose will be beneficial when ensuring products are technically sound and legally compliant.
- Track and Obtain test reports, certificates and documents, ensuring the contents of such are correctly communicated and recorded in support of the product development cycle.
- At all key stages, from initial design to sealed samples, you manage the technical development of products, helping to assess and evaluate potential product performance issues, such as item strength & stability, durability and functionality, ultimately ensuring designs are safe, durable, fit-for-purpose and meet due diligence requirements.
- Assist in the evaluation of product build quality and support the team in China to verify each product is manufactured according to the agreed Product Technical Specifications (PTS).
- Work with the team in China to ensure all new self-assembly products have clear, concise, accurate and easy to follow assembly instructions produced in alignment to the agreed Dwell format.
- Support in the assessment and revision of assembly instructions and hardware component lists to meet the needs of the business, ensuring revisions are made to meet customer expectations within agreed timeframes.
- Assist in the preparation of testing guidelines to support product development.
- Manage production and validation of care & maintenance guidelines ensuring final versions are aligned with testing and product standards.
- Checking pre-shipment inspection reports, identifying areas of concern and escalating such issues to team members.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with agents and suppliers with support of the buying team
- Monitor supplier and product performance reports. Deliver quick resolutions to reduce product returns and communicate with wider business
- Assist in the regular review of product quality and help in the follow up of corrective action plans and manufacturing based improvements.
- Work closely with Operations to deliver product training sessions with Buyers to educate and prevent product returns
- Research new developments and quality standards, attending courses to keep up to date with legal requirements
- Partner with Group Quality teams to be in line with Compliance and ESG requirements
What You’ll Need
- Have experience working as a Furniture Technologist, currently at a Junior level.
- Confident understanding of industry standards and regulations, such as European Timber Regulations, REACH and UKFR.
- Ability to problem solve when issues arise, whilst maintaining a calm attitude and being open minded to design and product development.
- A good understanding, both internally and externally, of customer service and customer expectations.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make confident decisions based upon the information and data being presented.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good influencing and presentation skills.
· A proactive team player
What We Offer
- A fast-paced, creative and fun office environment located in London Bridge
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects
- A supportive, diverse company with a brilliant culture.
- Excellent benefits such as Life Assurance and a 30% discount across the group plus access to group Lifestyle benefits site.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'