We are working with a Fresh Produce business in Kent to recruit a Junior Technologist required to support the technical team at their state of the art chilled manufacturing facility.
This position has been created within the business due to the growth of operations with a number of major retail accounts.
To be a successful Technologist you will have the following skills and experience:
- A qualified graduate in a Agriculture / Horticulture, Posthavest, Food Technology or similar fields, or extensive equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a food technical role, preferably prepared fresh produce.
- HACCP, Auditing, and a Food Safety qualification are essential.
- Experience of High Care production of ready to eat fresh products.
As the Technologist your duties will be to:
- Ensure technical support is provided to external suppliers to ensure compliance meets business standards.
- Maintain accurate and compliant completion of risk assessments and GMP audits.
- Establish relationships with suppliers to understand factors which could affect supply.
- Ensure full compliance with legislation and industry/retailer requirements in all aspects of the raw material supply.
- Work with external suppliers on developments to improve quality of product.
- Coordinate with procurement during planning meeting.
- Full working knowledge BRC audits and Red Tractor.
- Monitor testing for microbiology & pesticides.
- Ensure that continuous improvement/best practice is adhered to at all time.
- Be part of the active internal audit programme.
- Ensuring that site is audit ready at all times (Supplier and BRC)
- Manage supplier non-conformances.
- Continuous improvement in complaint reduction.
- Requirement to travel within the UK and overseas.
- Occasional work outside of day office hours will be required (this to be agreed on a monthly basis)
The successful Technologist will be rewarded with a salary of £25,000.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job