Polkadotfrog have a new exciting role in Bar Hill where you shall be assisting the global support team with technical issues around the world. Within this new role you will be given support and technical training to develop within a establish user facing global team.
As the Junior Technical Support Engineer you will take ownership of 1st line tickets / fault reports ensuring they are recorded and managed within the Ticketing / CRM system and that appropriate users are kept aware of the progress of cases from input through to resolution. You will be liaising with Internal Adder Staff world-wide to ensure that technical support is dealt with promptly and knowledge is distributed to the wider team and you will be the interface between Customers and Development / Test teams. This new position will cover a wide range of day to day tasks, from replicating faults under test conditions; support for trade shows and live demos; providing feedback to and from product management and proactively improving customer perceptions.
This role is divided into two main areas of responsibility which will provide you with a variety of skills, practical experience and career development opportunities. Product support will be your primary responsibility. As you gain product expertise you will help make customers successful in the implementation of the product range. This will involve resolving customer reported issues across a wide spectrum of applications and industries. Close collaboration with the regional sales managers and, direct interaction with the Development and Test teams will help you understand customers’ requirements; this will enable you to provide customers with appropriate solutions. In addition, you act as a customer advocate if an issue requires internal escalation, keeping the customer informed of the progress. By providing feedback to our developers, you enable continuous improvement of current and future products. Your Post-sales relationships with customers are important to maintain their satisfaction in the long term.
- Minimum A level education
- Working knowledge of IP Networks, IP addressing and AV environments
- Hardware/Software test experience is desirable
- Exposure to Linux would be useful not essential
- Computer literate, comfortable using Microsoft Windows and Office
- Previous experience of providing technical support is desirable but not essential
- Any other language would be an advantage
- Must be willing to travel international when required
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and teamwork ethics essential / Customer facing
- Desire to learn new skills and take on responsibility
- Effective communication at all levels
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and problem solve (to customer sites and trade shows is likely)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job