Junior Systems Administrator - Linux
My client, who are a leading global software company with lovely offices in Central Brighton, are looking to recruit a Junior Systems Administrator with a good understanding of Linux OS. You will be joining a team of web infrastructure specialists who provide second and third line technical support for their hosted and cloud-based systems.
As Junior Systems Administrator will be working on a variety of Linux and Cloud / AWS based systems. Also this company are now moving to a Micro-Services architecture and DevOps automation, so you will also receive training and the opportunity to work on these technologies.
As a Junior Systems Administrator you will play a key role in helping to specify new server configurations, keeping existing systems working properly and planning for maintenance, change and growth. You will also deal with technical server issues, system monitoring, automation, inter-department meetings and IT R&D.
Ideally you will have skills in some of the following:
- Linux (Ubuntu, Debian or Centos) and common command-line admin and debug tools
- LAPP (Linux, Apache, PostgreSQL PHP) or LAMP stack setup and support
- Server hardware (including hosted and cloud platforms) specification and setup
And it would be great but not essential if you had any experience of:
- System performance tuning
- Cloud technologies (Rackspace, AWS, Azure) and automation tools (Ansible, Terraform)
- General database admin and troubleshooting (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Supporting email systems (based on Sendmail and Postfix)
- File systems architectures and functions such as: LVM, DRBD, NFS, attached storage, object stores and remote synchronisation
- Networking technologies (common protocols, VPNs, firewalls and routers etc.)
- Information Security and data handling principles
- Producing support documentation
My client are a forward-looking technology leader and your contributions will have a positive influence on the activities of other companies who benefit from their technology. So if you enjoy technical support and troubleshooting, this is a fantastic opportunity to bring your skills into a team that you will also be empowered to shape and evolve as they embark on a period of expansion and technical reengineering.
You will get a very good benefits package, annual bonus, large training budget to improve your skills and flexible working from their lovely Brighton offices. This will be a great opportunity to work on interesting technology and get training on latest Cloud, DevOps and Linux technologies.
Please get in touch to find out more.